The 4591 Deadlatch Paddle is an ergonomically-friendly alternative to a knob or lever handle. Operate with a simple push or pull. Used commonly with electrified deadlatches for allowing free egress.
An alternative to knob or lever handles. Makes opening a latched door as natural as opening an unlatched one – just push or pull in the direction in which the door swings. Compatible with any Adams Rite 4300, 4500 or 4900 Series Deadlatch, MS+1890 Deadlock/Deadlatch, or 2190/2290 Interconnected Deadbolt/ Deadlatch.
Available in four configurations: push left, push right, pull left, and pull right. Can be reconfigured to any mode in the field. Dogging may not be utilized in pull configuration.
Paddle: Extruded aluminum.
Escutcheons: Zinc alloy with black finish. Secured to door stile with special binder posts that extend into the escutcheon to rigidly resist torque loads in any direction.
Cam Plug: Furnished for use with 4300, 4500 and 4900 Series Deadlatches. Cam plug not for use with MS+1890 Deadlock/Deadlatch or 2190/2290 Interconnected Deadbolt/Deadlatch. Secured in latch body by cylinder set screw, plug is also rigidly tied to escutcheon by hardened steel pins.
4591M: Paddle without latch drive mechanism but with switch that can be wired to make or break a low voltage circuit.
4591MA: Paddle with latch drive mechanism, complete active paddle with switch.
91-0914 Monitor Switch Kit: Adds monitor switch function to 4591Paddle for “push” version only.
Paddle Dogging: “PUSH” version only: Turning hex key in escutcheon holds the paddle down, leaving door free swinging. Dogging key provided.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting hardware. Units for 4300, 4500 or 4900 Series Deadlatches include cam plug.
Shipping weight: 1-1/2 lb [0.68 kg].
• First dash number specifies operation, handing and compatible latch. If required, use second dash number to specify non standard units for doors thicker than 1-3/4″ [44.5 mm]. Please see configuration table or contact factory for more information.
• 4591M Paddle switch to actuate magnetic lock, alarm, etc. No latch retracting mechanism.
• 4591MA Active paddle with switch and latch retracting mechanism.
• 4781 Two-Point Deadlatch uses a modified, but matching version of the 4591 Paddle.
• Available in choice of 313 Dark bronze anodized, 335 Black anodized, 628 Clear anodized. US3 (605) Bright brass, and US26D (626) Satin chrome special finishes are also available
Related Products: When purchasing this product, please consider the following related products, available separately:
|91-0914 Monitor Switch Kit|
Compatible Products: This product is compatible with the following products:
|MS+1890 Deadlock/Latch, 2190 Series Interconnected Deadbolt/Deadlatch||4300 Electrified Deadlatches, 4510, 4530, 4900, 4920AN Series Deadlatches.|